This Recipe comes courtesy of my good friend Boc. Hey Girl, Hey!! I was actually quite happy when she shared it with me, especially in these frigid days that have just past. Considering we have 2 months of winter weather left, I figured it couldn’t hurt to expand my soup repertoire so here goes:
5 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 tb. olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
5 garlic cloves, chopped
1 c. chicken broth
1 c. half and half
1/4 c. blue cheese crumbles
1 tb. basil
To Taste: salt and pepper, bacon bits (real bacon bits, not bacos!!), oregano
1. Sauté onion and garlic in a medium saucepan on high heat – about 5min.
2. Add tomatoes and juices, and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally – 10 min.
3. Add chicken broth, half & half, basil, salt & pepper and simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally – about 35 min.
4. Take soup off heat, and place into a blender. Add blue cheese crumbles and blend.
NOTE: Blend once and taste. You could add some more salt or cheese, and blend again, per your taste/liking.
5. Transfer soup back into pot. Add oregano and bacon to taste.
6. Serve and ENJOY!